The assistant innkeeper works in a variety of roles across the front desk, breakfast and laundry departments. While your primary duty is to assist guests with reservations and requests, you’ll also be responsible for a variety of tasks that help make for an exceptional guest experience. As an assistant innkeeper your focus is to ensure our guests are well taken care of. Look for problems before they arise, pay attention to details and provide excellent customer service.
This is a daytime position from 9:00am – 5:30pm. $20 per hour plus end of season bonus.
- Assist breakfast staff with kitchen cleanup and re-stocking.
- Baking and food prep.
- Fill supply orders and deliver when needed.
- Perform general housekeeping around public and staff areas.
- Answer phones.
- Take reservations, rent rooms and respond to guest requests.
- Assist guests by phone, text, email and in-person.
- Process reservations.
- Check-in customers and manage online check-ins.
- Run reports and reconcile reservations as directed.
- Log lost and found items.
- Wash, dry and fold laundry.
- Re-stock supply closets, maid carts and public areas as needed.
- Setup kitchen area for next morning.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Report problems to management in a timely manner.
- Assist with other duties outside of the job description as needed.
- Secure staff and public areas at end of shift.
- Ability to solve problems and find appropriate solutions to guest requests.
- Ability to work independently but be a team player.
- Ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- Ability to multi-task and complete duties despite interruptions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Ability to perform all tasks with attention to detail and to company standards.
- Ability to follow safety and sanitation procedures when assisting with kitchen and laundry duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner.
- Time management.
- Excellent customer service and computer skills.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Must be neat, courteous, flexible and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working with computers and smart phones.
- Knowledge of the local area is helpful.
- 1 year – Hotel/Motel Front Desk or Innkeeping
- 1 year – Customer Service
This job requires periods of walking, standing, bending, squatting, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs. Occasional lifting of up to 30lbs. 30+ lbs. to be handled with additional person.