$25.00 per hour, plus end of season bonus. Housing available for full-time staff (see below for more info).
Housekeeping takes place each day between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. You will typically be expected to clean 4 – 5 checkouts each day and potentially up to 6 during peak demands. Some days you may have fewer rooms so on those days additional tasks can be assigned. All rooms are standard hotel style rooms. No smoking, cooking or pets are allowed in any of the units. All rooms have one king bed.
Housing: Off-site housing is available for full-time staff. We have one bedroom apartments available in downtown Bar Harbor that can be shared by up to 2 adults. Year-round housing possible for those looking to stay in Bar Harbor after October.
- Clean guest rooms, public areas (inside and outside), staff areas and supply rooms.
- Check and verify items inside of guest rooms are in working order i.e. lights, TVs, remotes, coffee makers, A/C/, heaters, hair dryers, faucets, etc.
- Accurately replenish amenities inside guest rooms and public areas.
- Deep clean rooms and perform other occasional cleaning activities when assigned.
- Re-stock linen closets and housekeeping carts.
- Maintain cleaning equipment such as vacuums, carts and mops.
- Report any maintenance issues as soon as possible.
- Communicate guest room status.
- Turn in any lost & found items.
- Greet guests with a smile and respond to any requests.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Support the property in maintaining high levels of cleanliness, service and maintenance.
- Ability to work well with others (interact appropriately with guests and staff).
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks safely and in a timely manner both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Must be neat, courteous, flexible and detail oriented.
This is a physically demanding job that requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, squatting, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs. Using various cleaning chemicals and lifting of up to 40lbs. 40+ lbs. to be handled with additional person. At times you must be able to work in hot or cold areas and during inclement weather.