Your Safety is Our Top Priority
We want to make sure your next trip to Bar Harbor is not only memorable but safe. For the 2020 season we will be implementing a host of changes all designed to protect you and our staff during your stay. Beginning Friday, July 31st we will be re-opening under the Keep Maine Healthy plan. Please click on the link below for the latest information and requirements when traveling to Maine.
Introducing Our Contact-less Stay
In response to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) we have created a contact-less system to safely accommodate you on your next trip to Bar Harbor. This new system meets or exceeds all of the guidelines from local and state agencies. In addition to following all guidelines we will be implementing changes and improvements to our regular services in order to best protect all of our guests and staff members.
Updated Policies and Procedures:
Operational Changes and Improvements –
- Only a limited number of rooms will be available each night.
- Our “Grab & Go” breakfast will now be available by online order and delivered outside your room each morning.
- Direct to room check-in. Upon arrival you will be able to check yourself directly into your room.
- Porch areas in front of each guest room will be sectioned off. Guests will not be permitted to enter the space in front of each other’s rooms.
- New outdoor dining tables have been added in front of each room to enjoy your breakfast each morning or local takeout.
- Our lobby, front desk and vending areas will be closed to the public in order to minimize contact between persons and high contact surfaces.
- All staff members will wear masks and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment while on the property. Staff temperature checks will be administered at the beginning of each day. Each staff member will be trained in the latest guidelines from state and local agencies.
- Guests are required to wear masks or face coverings anywhere social distancing is difficult on the property. Please be courteous to your neighbor and wear a face covering when entering or exiting your room.
- You’ll be able to communicate with our staff utilizing our text-messaging and telephone systems throughout your stay.
- All payments will be taken electronically using your credit card on file. No cash transactions will be accepted. All receipts will be emailed.
- Our staff will drop off fresh supplies and towels each day outside your room upon request. Trash and used towels can be left outside your room and will be collected daily.
- All guestrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized using EPA recommended products for Covid-19. Extra attention will be placed on sanitizing touch points and contact surfaces.
- Any unnecessary, multi-use items will be removed from guest rooms.
- All bedding will be replaced and thoroughly cleaned between guests.
- Daily housekeeping service will not be available during your stay. Staff members will not enter your room unless there is an emergency.
We will update this page with additional information as it becomes available. If you have any questions please feel free to Contact Us.