$25.00 per hour, plus end of season bonus.
This position starts at 6:30am each day. You will work as part of a small team to organize orders, prepare food, package items and then deliver the completed orders to the guest rooms. In addition, you will be responsible for re-stocking, preparing simple breakfast foods and cleaning the kitchen area in preparation for the next day. These activities will take place between 6:30 am – 9:30 am.
This can be a standalone morning job or combined with housekeeping for a longer day. For those only interested in morning work, some extra hours may be available beyond 9:30 am, if desired. The breakfast attendant position is a part-time position. If combined with housekeeping the position can be full-time. If a full-time position is desired we have housing available for you, if needed.
Housing: Off-site housing is available for full-time staff. We have one bedroom apartments available in downtown Bar Harbor that can be shared by up to 2 adults. Year-round housing possible for those looking to stay in Bar Harbor after October.
- Organize breakfast orders.
- Prepare simple breakfast food (cooking experience not required).
- Fill breakfast orders in a neat and timely fashion.
- Deliver breakfast orders outside guest rooms in a safe and timely manner.
- Re-stock kitchen and supplies each day.
- Bake items and basic food preparation.
- Take inventory and fill out re-stocking sheets.
- Clean kitchen and work areas.
- Ability to work well with others (interact appropriately with guests and staff).
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks safely and in a timely manner both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment (breakfast).
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Ability to prepare breakfast foods, drinks and orders to company standards while following all sanitation procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Must be neat, courteous, flexible and detail oriented.
- Prior kitchen experience preferred but not required.
This is a job that requires extended periods of standing along with walking, bending, lifting, twisting, climbing stairs. At times, you must be able to work in hot or cold areas and during inclement weather.